cutest blog on the block

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Baby Oil = Chrome Polish

When we needed to buy a new toaster last year, I spied a shiny chrome toaster and realized it was calling my name! Unfortunately, no one told me that after a while that lovely toaster would no longer be so shiny. Hmm... how to restore it to its former luster? I tried various things with no luck and then ran across a tip on realsimple.com that baby oil works wonders on polishing any chrome in your house (even chrome wheels on your car). I filed that away under "good to know" in my brain and decided I would try it "one of these days." Well, "one of these days" arrived this morning and I gave it a try. Wow! I must say it does indeed work wonders! I should have taken before and after shots so you can fully appreciate the difference, but I didn't think of it until I was finished. Now I guess I should try that toothpaste-on-tarnished-silver tip next and see if it also works wonders. :)

1 comment:

  1. I read a article under the same title some time ago, but this articles quality is much, much better. How you do this..
    best chrome polish

    ReplyDelete